Saturday 1 October 2011

When Will The Spaceman Cometh?

I just thought I'd post a brief update on the current status of "The Spaceman Cometh" (for those that don't know it's the song I wrote around the last week of August). Originally it was just one electric guitar using the clean pick-up, but I'm now thinking of using an acoustic guitar for rhythm and an electric guitar (distortion) as the lead and a bass line. This will involve some changes.
My first idea was to add a harmonic recreation of the "2001: A Space Odyssey" intro theme just before my current introduction, and the recreation does sound pretty good at the moment. I'm also planning on adding squealies (pinch harmonics if you insist) to the solo, which I'll most likely change from the current creepy sound to a more EPIC METAL solo.
So when will the spaceman cometh? Technically he never will come, however, the song will must likely be uploaded to my YouTube when I have a camcorder (which I'll hopefully get for Christmas) and when the song is finished (which I'm aiming to do before Christmas). I'll hopefully get it uploaded in January. So when the spaceman is arriving I'll update the ETA on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment