Wednesday 19 October 2011

Bass Time

Finally my new strings had came for my bass guitar. When I saw the packet in my room I was strangely ecstatic, I quickly stripped the old strings of my Vintage Metal Axxe Wraith and rushed downstairs to get something to clean and polish the fretboard/body/headstock, Cilit Bang! that'll do. Turns out Cilit Bang! is a lie, can't clean the small stains off my fretboard the way Mr Clean would, but I didn't realise that until it had fully dried and I already had one string replaced. Damn.
Now my bass is fully strung, tuned and ready to rock. thicker strings than before, now I'm using Ernie Ball Power Slinky Bass, the thicker strings give a heavier sound which is great for metal. The fact they are shiny as well just makes me smile since they don't have a black layer of crap on them.
So after my bass was fully sorted I decided to go on a walk with Dana and nothing special happened, except this Cyclops Kitty we saw and I scared. Since it was a cat sitting on the other side of a window I thought I'd raise my hands like a monster in an old film and say "ROAR", the cat retreated of the window, it was back on the window when we walked past again so I scared it off in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment