Thursday 29 September 2011

Squealies

Now that I'm done with my geography detentions I can concentrate on my graphics detentions. Oh joy! Any way that's actually two subjects off my back because I realised that Imogen is six times better at singing than playing the bass guitar (and she's barely average at singing). this means instead I can teach Dana bass and she is willing to learn it as well.
Squealies are really what I wanted to talk about because I've now worked out roughly how to do them but I can't yet get them done quickly there is about a second delay between the initial note until it becomes a squealy, or pinch harmonic if you prefer. I ended up rushing from my geography lesson to the music practise room at lunch just to claim it before anyone else can, which involved saying no to Jazz, and when I got my guitar and got in to find the EPIC amplifier I was using earlier still there someone else came in then left because I beat him. I connected my Lodgestone guitar to the amp and started playing "pumpkinpatch murders" by "Blitzkid" and after god knows how many tries I hit the squealy in the intro and it sounded so epic with the effect of the amp (it was all a bit high pitched made it sound like stereotypical metal, a bit like "3 Inches of Blood") and I was very impressed with that.
Overall it was a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment