Monday 12 September 2011

The Apprentice

So today i had to start work on teaching my good friend Imogen how to play the bass guitar. I started off with the strings E, A, D and G, to remember I told her "Every Asshole Dies Gracefully." I thought it best then to get her to place her thumb on the pick-up and play the E string by making a finger person and having him/her walk on the string. Then the bell went and she had to go to her next lesson while I just moved my bass into the music room and got funky.
Naturally sir had to be a pain in the arse by making us attempt to write world music using a pentatonic scale or some others I can't remember, conveniently enough the notes he wrote on the board belong to the treble clef scale and not the bass (scales are unique to the four clefs). Plus I don't know the notes by name. Instead I just played the first riff from the bass battle off Scott Pilgrim Vs The World (which is an amazing movie by the way) and when I got bored of that I just played Mental Health by Zebrahead

No comments:

Post a Comment