Wednesday 7 September 2011

The First Song

In order for me to get my music GCSE at school I must write one song, perform twice (once solo and once as an ensemble), sit an exam and do two other extra curricular activities related to music. To do the upgraded version worth six instead of four GCSE's I must do all that plus another song of a completely different genre to the first and sit another exam. I choose to do the latter.

So far I have done the first performance and the first exam. For the concert I just sang because I (at the time) didn't have a guitar or know how to play anything on bass. I sung "No More Mr Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper and a strange song I found on YouTube called "I Got Minecraft" by Viktor Cepeda. The concert wasn't a complete failure in fact it was the opposite it wasn't a complete success.

The exam was easy anyway since our class was told all the answers the previous day by our teacher so we all finished within five minutes and ended up doodling for the remaining fifty-five. Success.

Now as I mentioned earlier we have to have two songs, I have just completed the first and its called "The Spaceman Cometh" its about a young nameless asteroid who hates being in space, and his spaceship falls under attack from the alien specimens taken from a near-by asteroid. I have tabbed it in GP6 (Guitar Pro 6) format (.GPX file) I may put up a download on MediaFire but I haven't decided yet.

Now all I have to do is is attempt to write a classical piece (I'm thinking a Baroque classic) this is due to the simplicity in the melodies (even though I am a METAL fanatic) however it should sound good i just need to wait until I can get my guitar back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment