Sunday 28 April 2013

Year 12 Concert

Thursday (24th April) was the Year 12 Concert, it went quite well to be honest. However, my solo pieces didn't really go to plan, and I have been told to stick to just playing an instrument, or just singing, not both, so I think I'll just play my bass from now on (at least until I can comfortably do both). I was temporarily inducted into a band for the concert, they call themselves "Cyan Cities" which is a name I don't really expect to be seen on any posters.

As a band we mostly work quite well together, we just have major problems with our front man Sam, for two reasons. Reason one: he can't sing to save his life, he's terrible, even if you auto-tuned him, he would be miles off the right notes. Reason two: he steals the spotlight, which probably isn't much of a problem, but since this was being recorded for an exam, and he wasn't being examined (it was just me and our drummer, Joe, being examined), he was being a tad inconsiderate. If your wondering he had his guitar amp up really loud, so you couldn't hear my bass, or the drums, thankfully though, our lead guitarist (Mikey) understood that this was for an exam and turned his amp down, which meant we couldn't hear him over Sam.

I imagine if we replace Sam, we might be a reasonably good band, but until then who knows, if we're lucky people will start taking the mick out of him for his horrendous performance and he'll either quit or learn, I don't care which, but if he quits we'll need a replacement. Replacing rhythm guitar would be easy, I can think of three people who would (probably) be willing, but a new singer is a bit harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment