Wednesday 3 April 2013

Charity and the School Life of a Weirdo

First off Charity, a month ago it was Comic relief, I was going to post this bit sooner but it completely slipped my mind many times. The theme at school for Comic relief was "wear something funny for money" so I was a Ladybird. I dressed as a ladybird because the day before my form teacher (who teaches textiles) said she had a ladybird costume in her store room if anyone wanted to wear it, I said that I'd wear it, and I did. this involved me going down to Sainsbury's and buying some red tights, I had to ask a random middle aged woman whether or not she thought they'd actually fit me first which was probably more awkward for her than it was for me. In the end however I looked awesome, and I even performed one of my favourite Blitzkid songs in the Charity Talent Show at school wearing it.
There was another nice big charity event at school before Christmas, which was simply a Sixth Form Fancy Dress Parade, I was Curley's Wife, from Of Mice and Men. I wore make-up, I even epilated  my legs, arms and underarms, to add to the effect, I went all the way, my high-heels were uncomfortable, but I still skipped through the school in them.
But for both of these events I was the silliest, hardly anyone dressed up for comic relief, let alone walked around looking as ridiculous as me, and in the fancy dress parade, the closest thing to me was some year 13 lads in women's lingerie, but they didn't wear make-up or high-heels and they didn't shave there legs. I'm not a charitable person, but I still go overboard at charitable events, no-one else does...
So for these I've become a bit of a celebrity around school, it might also be because I carry Rarity (the My Little Pony toy mentioned in my last post) around with me and it might also be because I wear a proper Blazer, have my shirt tucked in, my top button done, and even have my tie actually around my neck. I don't have to do these things, but I think I look better that way. I do odd things around school, it's true. I'm a very happy and childish person, but people think that because I listen to punk rock, that I'm a necropedophile (someone who rapes dead babies, in case your unsure),  I may be a little disturbed, I may have an "unfriendly" taste in music, but it doesn't mean I'm unfriendly, so what if I believe in the Fae, Spirits and Magic, it's just the same as Believing in God, but I'm seen as an evil person nonetheless, or people think that I'm putting on this evil guise and lazy eye (I don't know how one fakes a lazy eye) just to get attention.
School is a harsh place, but my school days are probably going to be the best I'll ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment